Monday, October 18, 2010

HOW I FINISHED OUT THE 2010 EDITION OF THE LOS ANGELES OPEN


MAKING FRIENDS!

At least I got to meet and mingle with other chess players at this event!

Well day two was not a good day for me - result wise. I drew my round 4 game and then went all in for a win in game 5 but came up short. So a loss and a draw for today... or rather yesterday. My idea looks sound I just did not play the right move order... but I will have to spend some time reviewing this game and then run it through Fritz orRybka to get even more food for thought about what happened during this game.

I cannot complain about the result from this tournament. I knew I was going into this event without any prep but it was a good warm up for the AMERICAN OPEN being held next month. Now it is time to study... to prepare and to play practice games in local events so that I can play my best this November. Chess is chess, and chess is best when it is played!

- Chess Coach Sean Tobin.

No comments:

Post a Comment