Tuesday, February 15, 2011

One key to "RAPID FIRE CHESS IMPROVEMENT"... that is real chess improvement and not some gimmick!

One key to "RAPID FIRE CHESS IMPROVEMENT" ... is to play a lot. As a "weak" expert in the low 2000's I am trying to first become a rock solid expert and then a master. Okay - we'll see if it happens or not! But my main point is that if I do not play regularly then I will never achieve those goals.

I have to go to tournaments and risk it all in order to learn the lessons that I need to learn to be able to get the experience that I need to progress. Will my rating go up? You bet... but will it also go down as well? You bet! It is all part of the process though - ratings go up and ratings go down. But do I love the game irrespective? You bet I do! Right now I am playing in two to three chess tournaments a week. To gain the glory I have to go and play and what's more I love to play chess. Irrespective of ratings and results.

Here is a recent game of mine - not a steady rock solid performance but definitely an interesting battle. Both players could improve upon the plays they made during this game. I am glad to have been able to create such a game with my good friend Dustin.

I hope you enjoy this game - or chess art as I like to call it! So feel free to leave any comments that you might have about it up here on the blog. Dustin is a good chess friend and as you can tell he has his own and unique ideas about how to approach the opening. He also likes chess fireworks or as we call them - TACTICS!

- Chess Coach Sean Tobin.

No comments:

Post a Comment